Earleydays Search Engine

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Special time for my sweet M.

My sweet little girl turned 11 on Sunday. I will have some pictures up of her birthday later.

First, however, I have some pictures of another exciting event that happened to her on Sunday. She was baptized!! I know that each religion has it's own views and ways of doing things, so I will very briefly tell you what this step means to us:

"We believe that baptism by immersion is a necessary response of faith to God’s free grace. It is not a work we do to earn God’s favor, but rather, a work God does for us."

We see this as one of the steps necessary to becoming a Christian - giving your life to God.

I am not posting this to start a theological argument or anything like that. I am only posting this because it is such a meaningful experience for us.

Anyway, here are some pictures taken on that day.

Stepping down into the water:


Daddy asking her if she is ready to be baptized:


The dunking:




Coming out of the water:




Look at the smile on Dad and M.'s face, priceless:

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a very special day for all of you! I still remember the day I was baptized. Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

That is just AWESOME! And such a very special way of getting baptized...I never saw a family member being the one doing the "dunking". That is just so sweet! I was 13, still remember it like it was yesterday. Congrats Miranda! Much love-Renea

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! To have your whole family there-what a wonderful experience. I remember you being at my baptism, Pam. My family totally uninvolved. It really makes a difference-I know my life was a rocky road not having my family involved, but Christ was my rock-and he brought me back! It is so good to see your family so happy!
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

We are so proud and full of JOY for you Miranda. It's a blessing to be in relationship with CHRIST!
My prayer is that you continue to grow in HIS word and share it.

Anonymous said...

Sweet M. just made the most important decission of her life. Congrats to the little one as well as to the whole family. I was one of the lucky ones to be invited to the spiritual event and it was such a blessing as I watched her Dad emerse her in the wate and watch her raise up in the Holy Spirit. I love her so much , I thank the Lord for her. Love to you all, M