Earleydays Search Engine

Monday, August 25, 2008

. . . . And sometimes, life is great!

As some of you may know, or may have guessed, I struggle with depression at times. Then, when I am out of it, I realize how blessed I am.



I have a wonderful family:

(me, J., my sister, M., my nephew, my niece, her husband and daughter, and my mom and dad)










I have great in-laws:

(Father in law, M., J., Step-mother in law, and my hubby - C.)



I have a husband (who just got a great promotion at work - way to go honey!!) who loves me and will dress up to go to my high school reunion with me even though he most likely won't know anyone there:







I have a daughter who finally got past a mental block on her giants on bars:








I have a teenager who is silly:





I have an 11 year old who is not afraid to drive the 4-wheeler anymore:






I have kids who are silly when they see the camera:










I have the privilege of getting to go to my parents cabin with my family quite often. We get to do things like sit on the porch and enjoy the peace and quiet:





While at the cabin, we sometimes get to have unusual encounters with wildlife:
















We have fun friends. We were able to take some to the cabin with us this summer. While at the cabin with them, we got to enjoy the "twinnage" look of the two teenage girls:





How cool are they?





Their son seemed to read my mind and decided to relax:



However, don't let his sweet innocent face fool you. He's a stinker. He got my younger daughter to hide behind a tree when I was driving toward them on the 4-wheeler. When I got close, they jumped out and scared me. I almost crashed. I almost wet my pants. I almost wet my pants while crashing. They found it hilarious. I did too. Later. After my heart started beating again. I still think he's a great kid - I just want to keep him in my sights. :-)




We got to enjoy watching the kids play in the creek:

















While there, we kept seeing strange creatures that resembled our children, except kinda mushed together:



This strange creature metamorphed into a mixture of different kids:



Then, the metamorphosis continued, with the new creature appearing to sometimes be missing a head or torso:








The creature then began to slowly separate until it became two separate kids again:







When I see my youngest walking with her hands like this, it usually means she has caught some critter and wants to show it to me:




Getting closer:



Ah - a crawdad. I think.




Then, of course, there was the wonderful event on M's birthday, witnessed by many many friends and loved ones. Some of who are pictured here:

(My Mom, MD & his dad RD, C., myself, KG holding little KG, and JC with M. and one of her bestest friends - SE.)

I hope you all enjoyed the pictures and a post that was not so whiny. Please leave a comment! If you do, please remember to leave your name if you sign in as "anonymous." Also, I know it is probably annoying that I use all initials instead of names. I do this for security reasons. When you sign the guestbook, please use initials as well.
Thanks!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You amaze me with your insight of yourself. Half the battle is knowing what you are feeling..and you have that down-pat! I am VERY proud and quite impressed with you Pamela! I am so proud to still be able to call you my friend! Please never, ever forget...that even though I am umpteen miles away, I think of you often, and love you dearly! Everytime that bad ol' depression comes around..you just push it away and say to yourself...my family ROCKS, and my friends ROLL. And call me ANYTIME for a boost my beautiful, kind, loving friend!
Renea Smith

Sue G said...

Pam:

What a great entry! Thank you for the photos of your beautiful family. As for dealing with depression, don't focus on the times you are feeling down. Focus on the fact that even while you are down, you are still you--loving and loved. That never changes, even when hormones do!

Thanks for always signing my guest book and for taking the time to share.

Sue G www.caringbridge.org/visit/sueguenter