Earleydays Search Engine

Friday, December 12, 2008

Thanksgiving

We went to my parent's house for Thanksgiving. We took with us our Becky from the basement and her mom. Hubby's dad and step-mom met us there. They brought with them a friend from Saudi Arabia - Jamie. My niece and her daughter were there as well. The only way it could have been better would have been if my sister had been feeling well and had been able to come, and if my two nephews would have been there.

Here are some pictures:

Me and my parents:




Becky and her mom:

Becky and the moms:
The moms:

Remember a few posts back when I posted pics of my fam with Hubby's side of the family and the attempts at getting a good picture? Apparently, the goofiness does not reside only on Hubby's side of the family:
My parents look fine in this one, but M. looks like she is asleep and J. is making some strange face and sticking her tongue out:



Now, all looks good, except M. looks like she is choking:




Again, everyone else looks good, and M. is making another face. She looks like she just won the Publishers Clearing House sweepstakes. Or told that she can eat again.



This is M's "I'm really not making this difficult, honest" face:

My dad threatening M. My mom praying. J. getting a kick out of the whole thing:

This one is actually a good one of M, but now J's eyes are closed and my mom is checking on M. to make sure she is behaving. What would make her think otherwise??
My dad deciding he would take matters into his own hands. Literally. My mom praying that this will all be over soon.

M. sheepishly posing somewhat correctly.


Apparently, this picture taking challenge occurs even when my children are not in the picture:
'No, I am tired of taking pictures!'
We did finally get a great shot: Grandmother, Grand-daughter, and Great-granddaughter:
Hubby and his dad:



After eating, we went out and played some on the golf cart and 4-wheelers:
Becky and M:

J:



J. honing her driving skills:




Hubby telling me to put the camera away:
The 3 littles all snuggled up on the couch.
It did not take long for the silliness to start:
After eating and playing, we all got lazy on the couch:

Soon, the fake sleeping gave way to real sleeping:




Feeling refreshed!



I think I have decided that the goofiness originated in the male DNA:








That brown thing the dads are playing with was something my dad bought. It looks like a vase, but then it will stretch out and make a hat. I tried to do a movie from the pics of M. putting it on her head, not sure if it will work or not. If it doesn't play - you may need to manually drag the play bar across the bottom slowly.


When we got home, we decided to do Christmas decorations:



Ginger the cat was a big help:



I am working on a "wordy" blog entry next. It will have some pictures, but not as many as this. I always get more comments on those, so I am looking forward to that.

While you are here, check out this other blog entry (Dec. 11th) that Kristie alerted me to. (Pardon any offensive language, I did not write it.) Then, after you read it, come back here and leave me a comment.

Love you all and thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog. Looks like you have a fun Thanksgiving!

Sue G said...

Wow. Lots of photos. Lots of fun. Lots of smiles. Thanks for taking the time to share (uploading photos alone must have been exhausting!)

Sue G
www.caringbridge/org/visit/sueguenther

Anonymous said...

We were so happy to have everyone at our home on Thanksgiving. It was a pleasure to meet B, her mom, and J. I pray everyone enjoyed it. There were so many running in and out , in the woods, around the house, Up stairs and down it was hard to know where everyone was. The food was good, everyone brought food and surprises. I believe it went well and I for one was so thankful to have most of my kids and grandkids and of course my Great Grandaughter. I really missed the ones who couldnt make it. M