Earleydays Search Engine

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I can't believe it happened . . . .

Alas! Woe is me! You will never guess what has happened in the very short time frame of 2 ½ weeks. I became spoiled. Life will never be the same again. I will long for the the “spoiling era” for weeks to come. For months. For years.

Let me explain. For those of you that know me personally, this will not be news to you, but look below at my normal weekly schedule when it is NOT Christmas break:)

Monday


6:00 a.m. – wake up
7:00 a.m. – leave for work/school
7:30 a.m. – arrive at work/school – work straight through until 3:05
3:10 p.m. – leave to come home
3:30 p.m. – arrive home
3:30 – 4:10 p.m. – eat dinner, change clothes, check homework that was done in the car, and leave for gymnastics (coaching for me, practice for the girls)
4:20 p.m. – clock in at the gym
4:30 p.m. – 8:00 – coach
8:00 – 9:00p.m. – wait on daughter to get done with practice
9:30 p.m. – whenever - arrive home, grade more homework, clean up dinner dishes from earlier, do a load of laundry, say hi to hubby. Go to bed



Tuesday – Friday


Lather, rinse, repeat with only slight changes of a half hour or so here or there



Saturday


7:45 – take J. to gym
10:00 – clock in at gym
12:45 – clock out at gym
1:30 – leave gym with J.
2:00 – get home and eat lunch, enjoying the fact that Hubby and M. did all the grocery shopping
Then, there are several hours of housework, homework, etc.
That evening, I work on the Sunday school lesson that I will be teaching the next morning.




Sunday


8:00 – leave for church
9:45 – teach Sunday school class
Lunch, errands, etc.
5:30 – leave for small groups
6:00 – 7:00 – small groups
7:30 – home, dinner, bags ready for school, etc.
8:30 – panick because I got nothing done this week



Well, since school has been out, here has been my schedule for the last 2 weeks:


Monday – Saturday
Sleep in
Eat late breakfast
Eat lunch
Take a nap
Eat dinner that was cooked by husband (he took 2 weeks off as well.)
Watch a movie or play a game
Go to bed
I coached occasionally during the break, but not near as many hours as normal. Sunday school classes were on break during the holidays as well, so I did not need to prepare a lesson for a few weeks.

Needless to say, I probably gained 850 pounds due to cruddy eating habits and zero activity. And I loved every minute of it. Now I’m back to both jobs. And I miss my cozy couch, squishy pillow, and snuggly blanket. Sniff sniff.

Leave me a comment and let me know how your break was, or if you had one. If you did not get a break, what would you do if you did have 2 weeks off?



Reminder:
(I am not sure if my notifications have worked for my last couple of updates because I would start my updates one day and finish them the next. I think the date would throw the notifier thingy off. So be sure to scroll down and read the last couple of posts. Then, at the end of the post, click on "comments" and let me know you were here. If you do not have a google account, click "anonymous" in the comments section, but be sure to sign your name after your comment. )

5 comments:

Sue G said...

Well, Pam, if that is the schedule of a person who is OFF for two weeks, I would hate to see what your schedule ON is like.

Retirement is so different than working at school was. I am busy every single day, but without a calendar on my desk alerting me to what needs to be done or what has been done, I am hard-pressed to remember what I actually do that keeps me so busy.

I do think I miss the interruptions of urgency coming from teenagers who have to know this NOW!

Sue G
www.caringbridge.org/visit/sueguenther

Anonymous said...

am glad to see u get some time to relax u deserve it we love yall. dad

Natalie said...

Eeek! I need a nap after reading your schedule. I'm clearly lazy!

Anonymous said...

So excited to hear about the relaxation. I can picture you all curled up just breathing easy. I can imagine J had some healing of the hands and muscles somewhat.
Hang on until next time, and oh, hope your up coming special day will be the best ever. M

Anonymous said...

You lucky dog! I'm a "12 month" employee, so I have to work even when the students are off. In fact, over Christmas I had to work 2 or 3 days when the college was officially closed to the public.

Of course, I no longer have to play shuttle-driver, so my regular schedule has lightened up.

But you're almost there! Once you recover from the stroke of realizing you have a kid who is old enough to drive, you get to enjoy the realization that 90% of the stress in your life was from trying to get them places!