Earleydays Search Engine

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Irony, Gratefulness, and Prayer Request

First off, the irony. I wrote a lot of random things in my last post. One of those items was my wonder if my children would grow up to be strong Christian women. I also wondered how I would feel if they did NOT, would I still love them? I think I have my answer. It is a resounding YES.

The very night that I posted this, there was a crisis beginning in another family. Friday morning, things looked really bad for this family. Friday night, however, brought unimaginable heartache to two different families. I will not go into much detail here out of respect for both families. These 2 families lives will never ever be the same.

The gratefulness is for my church family. One of the families involved is an integral part of our church. There are many generations of this family that attend as well as extended family members. This morning, our entire church service was devoted to prayers for this family as well as covering scripture that reflected on grace and mercy and forgiveness. The songs chosen focused on the same themes. This family was all sitting in church. Things could have been so different. The church could have turned their back on them for having a family member that made such a grave error in judgement. The family could have hidden out at home rather than face the questioning looks and possible inappropriate words of others. Instead, they knew that they were loved and would be held up by those that love them. The church surrounded them with love and prayers. They stood firm on the scripture that states that ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God as well as the fact that God's grace is sufficient for ALL and that Jesus died for ALL of our sins.

Is our church perfect? No. But if myself or any of my loved ones stumble and fall far away from God, I have decided that this church is the one I want to "have my back."

My prayer request is for both of the families involved in this tragedy. Both families have many unanswered questions; questions we may never know the answer to. While most prayers are usually always with the victims in any situation, I beg of you to pray for the parties on both sides, they are all hurting and need as many prayers as you can spare.

I may never post more details about this situation, I don't know. I also know that this is quite the cryptic post. I just ask for you to love those around you. You never know when it may be the last time you see them. I ask you to always remember that everyone you see is someone's son or daughter and that they are loved. I beg you to show others the grace you would want shown to you.

Thank you for your time.

6 comments:

Sue G said...

Pam:

Your heart has unlimited grace and love! Your post is, as usual, thoughtful and full of God's loving touch as you remind all of us that the world is bigger than just our immediate needs. The love you show for others, the pleas you make on behalf of others, the concern you always show for whatever is happening to others...well, again, you direct His love in you and for you to the lives of others.

I have no doubt that your children will grow to be wonderful Christian women, not just because of what you have taught them with your words, but especially because of what you have taught them by your example.

Anonymous said...

we under stand, i want to let u an c an the girls know that we r so glad god led u to the rite church. we sleep better at night knowing yall have such wonderful people to share with. love dad an mom

Anonymous said...

I am still here, I think. See you soon. Bob and Dawn

martha said...

Of course your answer would be yes, if not the problem would lie in your heart. This entry is very touching. It made me go and search scripture. My thoughts kept going to Paul. Such a story to be read and understood. Also the beautitides. They say so much.My prayers go with both of these families. God will have to intervene so strong and eventually as hard as it may be, they will have to put this in his hands because it is too much to bear alone. Thank the Lord for good, loving people, such as yourself and the congregation.
God Bless all of you in Jesus sweet name. Martha

Unknown said...

Pam,

It's nice to hear about a church "getting it right" and loving people when they're most in the need of love. And forgiveness.
And mercy.

Because aren't we all?

Thanks for sharing,
Becky

Laura ~Peach~ said...

How very touching. I think God brought me to your page to read this today. I needed this. Thanks for posting. My prayers with them and you.
Love-n-Hugs
♥MJ